Are you interested in studying a Diploma at TrEd College?
If so, here is some information that you may need, including more detailed information on VET Student Loans.
What is a VET Student Loan?
A VET Student Loan (VSL) is a loan from the Australian Government that helps eligible students pay their tuition fees. Your loan is repaid through the Australian tax system when you reach the minimum income threshold for repayment. The minimum income threshold for repayment is set by the Australian Government each year and is published on Study Assist. Repayments continue until you have repaid your entire debt. It is important to note that your loan will remain a personal debt until it is repaid, and it may reduce your take-home (after-tax) wage and your borrowing capacity. You may wish to seek independent financial advice before applying. For more information on the VET Student Loans program, visit the Department of Education, Skills and Employment VET Student Loans website.
The amount you can borrow for your tuition fees is determined by the Australian Government, this information is updated annually and can be found on their VET Student Loans website. Your individual loan amount also depends on your current HELP loan balance, which can be checked on the My Help Balance website. A VET Student Loan is only for tuition fees and does not cover additional costs such as textbooks, materials, or accommodation.
Information on VET student loan includes the following information:
TrEd College is an approved VSL Provider for the:
- 10849NAT Diploma of Applied Blockchain
- 10747NAT Advanced Diploma of Applied Blockchain
- 10991NAT Diploma of Applied Blockchain Merging Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- HLT54121 Diploma of Nursing
- CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- HLT57715 Diploma of Practice Management
VET Student Loan Policies and Procedures
The VSL Guide, along with the policies and procedures below will provide you with information on all of the TrEd College processes and procedures relating to student entry, applying and enrolling, fees, re-crediting HELP balances, handling of information, academic suitability, census days and important notices, eCAFs, withdrawal from courses, cancellation of enrolment, student complaints, and VET Student Loan considerations.
Once you have enrolled, TrEd College will supply you with a Schedule Agreement outlining the important dates and fees relevant to your VET Student Loan, as well as your obligations to TrEd College in relation to VET Student Loans.
The Schedule Agreement will include information and dates regarding the:
- Electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF)
• Statement of Covered Fees (SoCF)
• VET Student Loans Fees Notice
• Census Dates
• Commonwealth Assistance Notice (CAN)
• Progression Forms
For more information download the Australian Government’s ‘Student Obligation’ resource
- Student Admission and Enrolment Policy
- Student Admission Enrolment Procedure
- Enrolments Policy (VSL)
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Policy and Procedure
- Student Withdrawals and Refunds Policy (VSL)
- Withdrawal Application form
- Re-Crediting FEE-HELP Balances Procedure (VSL)
- Student Notices Policy (VSL)
- Tuition Protection Procedure (VSL)
- Statement of Tuition Assurance (VSL)
- Grievance, Complaints and Appeals Policy and Procedure
- VET Student Loan Marketing Policy
- Application and Student Selection Policy 2023 (VSL)